An exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Academy Scout.
The role is centered on regularly attending youth fixtures across Bristol or Bath as a Bristol Rovers FC Academy youth scout, with the aim of identifying and recruiting the best footballing talent for the Bristol Rovers FC Academy Teams between the age of 8-16.
The main responsibilities of the role include;
· To work as an integral member of the Talent ID team and to identify the most talented young players (8-16) across the region for Bristol Rovers Football Club’s Academy.
· To be the initial point of contact between the Academy and the players respective club coaches.
· To maintain and submit accurate and detailed records of all matches attended and players scouted.
· To develop a network of contacts in youth football within the designated geographic in order to maximise coverage for the club to ensure we are visual and able to build a working knowledge of all talented young players to enhance the club’s positive reputation.
· Engage with the Head of Academy Recruitment and management team through multiple communication platforms at designated meetings throughout the course of the season.
· To give and explain feedback to players and parents/guardians at the end of a period of training and assessment.
· A high level of professional standards whilst projecting a positive image at all times as an ambassador for the club and Bristol Rovers FC Academy.
· Adhere to the club code of conduct policies and protocols, specifically in relation to the recruitment of young players and to ensure that the reputation of the BRFC Academy remains intact.
· To attend Child Protection training as required by the club and adhere to all guidelines contained within the club's Child Protection Policy.
· To attend Academy training and team matches periodically as directed by the Head of Academy Recruitment to ensure comprehension and understanding of the academy mission, vision and values.
· To abide by all club policies including (but not exclusive to) Safeguarding, Equality and Health & Safety
To view a full job description please click HERE.
To apply, please sent your CV & Covering Letter to the Academy Head of Recruitment, Nicholasde-Long@bristolrovers.co.uk.
Bristol Rovers values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).