As many supporters will already be aware, we have been experiencing some challenges this summer, particularly around season cards.
Back in April, the club made the move to Ticketmaster, with a view to strengthen the club’s technology offering and to provide fans with the best fan experience possible. Ticketmaster Sport are widely regarded as the market-leading ticketing technology solutions provider.
The decision was primarily based on Ticketmaster Sport’s ability to deliver a fully managed solution, providing a resilient platform to deliver first-class ticketing technology and innovation.
Undoubtedly, with any change of this magnitude, there have been some teething problems and we are continuing to listen to supporters and implement the feedback that has been received.
In addition, we are working with supporters to ensure that they are using the site effectively as those whose accounts are linked correctly are benefiting from the ease of use and effectiveness of the new processes.
However, like you, we were disappointed and frustrated when the news emerged that due to complexities between the data of the previous ticketing partner and Ticketmaster meant that the cards couldn’t be reactivated.
We have been working closely with Ticketmaster to ensure that a suitable solution has been met to minimise the impact for supporters.
With that in mind, the following is now in place;
- All Season Ticket Holders have now been sent either physical match tickets or Digital print at home tickets via email
- There is a team on hand at the Mem today who will ensure that any supporters that have not received these are sent a Print at Home ticket or in certain circumstances have tickets printed to collect from the ticket office. They can be contacted via email@example.com . It is our preference that these are print at home tickets as we are wary of doing what we can to manage the number of supporters at the match day ticket office.
- There is an extended team in the match day ticket office at the Mem on Saturday, windows will be allocated separately for purchases, enquiries and collections, staff will be on hand to direct you to the right window.
We’d urge supporters to follow this guidance to help us all best manage the requirements on the day;
- Purchase your match tickets before the day of the game where possible.
- Arrive at the stadium as early as possible to either purchase or to enter the ground
- If you aren’t comfortable with using your print at home ticket, enter the turnstiles as early as possible and seek guidance from a steward.
- Inform us of any missing tickets via firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your account number) so that these can be remedied before match day.
We know this is an extremely frustrating start to the season for you all, however, rest assured that as a club we are doing all we can to minimise the impact of these events and ensure that you can all enter the stadium in good time this weekend to get behind the team.
Looking beyond this weekend, 1,000 season ticket holders are due to receive their cards next week. The remainder will receive their cards in the coming weeks and we remain on track for all season ticket holders to have their cards by the 4th September. In the unlikely event that we should run into any further delays with this we will inform those supporters affected at the earliest opportunity and ensure that alternative means for entry are available.
Thank you for all your continued patience and support and we look forward to hearing the Mem in full voice once again this weekend.