Bristol Rovers is looking to recruit a Part Time Academy Goalkeeper Coach to work with goalkeepers within the Professional Development and Youth Development phases.
Reporting to Academy Manager and liaising with First Team GK Coach.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivery of age specific syllabus to U18 GK’s and YDP GK’s.
- Communicating effectively with all team members and reporting back to the Head of Coaching and Lead Phase Coaches.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team to deliver coaching that’s sits within the clubs CCF.
- Competent in using PMA, ensuring all player records, session planning, reviews, and administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor potential safeguarding children risks and work with the Academy Safeguarding Officer to promote safer working practice throughout the Academy.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- Proven coaching experience.
- An ability to adapt sessions based on ability and key stages of player/child development.
- An approachable and motivational attitude towards young players.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Willing to work flexible and unsociable hours including evenings and weekends.
Essential Qualities and Qualifications:
- UEFA B Licence (Or working towards)
- UEFA B Licence Goalkeeping (Or working towards)
- Hold a current FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football
- FA Youth Award (Modules 1, 2 and 3)
- Member of FA Licenced Coaches Club.
- UEFA A Goalkeeping (Or working towards)
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings. Saturday game. One evening session per week.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be considered, to apply send your CV along with covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the above requirements of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of The Academy Manager. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.
Bristol Rovers values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
BRFC are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.