Bristol Rovers FC are looking to recruit a Sports Operative Apprentice to assist in the day-to-day set up and maintenance of the Stadium and training pitches. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in sportsturf.
The ideal candidate would be local to the area, keen to learn, hardworking, reliable and have some interest or experience in horticulture / sportsturf.
Training will be provided in the use, application and maintenance of specialist grounds care equipment and operations including pedestrian and ride on mowers, tractor mounted implements and other associated tasks i.e. Playing surface, aeration, line marking, spraying, divoting, fertilizing, brushing, top dressing, seeding, weeding, watering and general maintenance, pitch renovations and repair of all grass, planted and landscaped areas
This will take place in the work environment where you will undertake a Level 2 Sportsturf Operative Apprenticeship qualification.
Job Specification includes:
- Support for the grounds team in the delivery of high-quality Grounds maintenance services, in line with Bristol Rovers FC policies, legislation, compliance, training and industry best practice
- Adhere to health & safety requirements for each individual task ensuring correct usage of PPE, Machinery prestart checks and following detailed instructions outlined in the department's safe systems of work procedures
- Work with the grounds team to ensure necessary action is taken where inclement weather or other factors are predicted to ensure that all games and training can go ahead
- Maintain excellent housekeeping across all work areas ensuring they are kept safe, clean, tidy and secure at all times
- Uphold extremely high standards of customer care and service when dealing with on site visitors and general members of the public
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and to be honest and reliable always with a willingness to self-evaluate and work towards continuous professional development
- Undertake any other duties as designated by your line manager to ensure the smooth running of all operational aspects of the business
Please email your application to email@example.com.