Bristol Rovers Football Club has a vacancy for a Media Assistant reporting to the Media Manager, based at the Memorial Stadium.
Working closely with the existing media team enhancing the work undertaken by the department and raising the profile of Bristol Rovers Football Club. This role would suit someone with a creative flair to make his or her mark on the club's media output.
Working as part of a small team, the media assistant will work within guidelines to enable the club to reach out and communicate with, it's ever-expanding fan base.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assisting with the management of the club's content output, which includes the club's website and social media platforms, the matchday programme and iFollow.
- Be involved with, and contributing to, the development of digital strategies for the club's official website, bristolrovers.co.uk.
- Assisting with all forms of written communication required for the club's website, social media outlets, publications and press releases and to be responsible for certain areas of written content, under the direction of the Media Manager.
- As a member of the media team, you will be discussing and be part of the decision-making process for content and style to ensure that there is a consistency in the output of the department.
- Assisting with the preparation of the club's matchday programme, which will include; proofreading, taking responsibility for a regular feature and suggesting ways of improving the publication.
- Utilising all methods of social media to improve the club's output and explore new and innovative ways of engaging with the club's fan base.
- As a member of the media team, working closely with all other departments of the football club to ensure that all aspects of their work, from commercial to ticketing and marketing club merchandise are given maximum publicity via the website, social media platforms and the matchday programme.
- Journalism/media and communications degree or equivalent
- Be able to produce visual and written work to a high standard
- Experience of working as part of a small team and of working in a football/sports environment.
- Experience of using Adobe Premiere Pro for the club’s visual output.
- Professional and personable attitude with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and a willingness to take on board the views of colleagues and supporters.
- Flexibility and willingness to work unsociable hours if required, as the position does require attendance at all first-team matches and some Development Squad fixtures.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to plan in advance.
- Close attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure.
How to apply
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and feel you have the skills to become a valued member of the Bristol Rovers media team as we take it to the next level, please send your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter outlining why you think you would be suited for the role to Jackeebowden@bristolrovers.co.uk
Bristol Rovers values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).
BRFC are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To view a full job description, please click HERE.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st May