Bristol Rovers are looking to appoint a Club Doctor, to commence in July 2018
The Role includes matchday cover for all First Team home games at the Memorial Stadium, Bristol, and to offer medical support and advice as required in liaison with the Club’s Medical and Coaching staff by telephone. The Club has a network of qualified Doctors to help cover occasional matches, but it would be anticipated that the Club Doctor would attend the majority across the season.
The Club Doctor will support the Academy by providing consultations to Academy players upon referral from the Head of Academy Medicine as required, and also that they would be responsible for supporting the medical screening process for u18 players entering the full time training model. But there will be no requirement to cover Academy matches at this time.
Experience working in elite/professional sport in some capacity is desirable but not essential.
Fee will be per match and is negotiable. It is anticipated that the majority of non-matchday work will be covered by our local health partners.
FA Regulations require Team Doctors to have:
- Licence to practice by the GMC
- Hold a Diploma in Sports Medicine or equivalent higher professional qualification
- Continue a programme of CPD as determined from time to time by the profession
- Hold a valid FA Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid (AREA) Certificate, or equivalent (see below)
- Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATTMiF)
- Intermediate Medical Management on the Field of Play (IMMOFP)
- Medical Cardiac & Pitch Side Skills (SCRUMCAPS)
- Emergency Medical Management in Individual Team Sports (EMMiTS)
- Standard Principals of Resuscitation & Trauma in Sports (SPORTS)
NB The successful candidate is not required to have the ATTMiF Certificate on application for this post, but would need to successfully complete the course before commencing matchday duties at the beginning of the 2018/19 season in August.
For expressions of interest or further discussion please contact:
Keith Graham, Head of Medical Services - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30/06/2018, though we may close earlier if enough applications are received early in the process