Lead Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach job vacancy.
Organisation: Bristol Rovers Football Club
Type of Contract: Full Time/Contract (£18,000 - £20,000 starting salary depending on experience)
Hours/Days of Work: 40 hours per week (combination of midweek day time, midweek evenings and weekends)
Closing Date: 11th September 2017 (12.00pm)
Job Title: Lead Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach
Department: Sports Science & Medical
Reporting to: Head of Sport Science & Medicine
Key relationships: Head of Sport Science & Medicine, Lead Academy Sports Therapist, Lead Phase Coaches, external providers.
Line Manager for: Assistant S&C Coach, S&C Data Analyst
Bristol Rovers FC Academy are looking to recruit a Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach to oversee the implementation and development of the Academy athletic development program to maximise the physical potential for all players within the programme
- Oversee and implement the delivery of physical development based sessions across all phases (u9s – u18s)
- Support and monitor the physical development needs of all through the creation of individual physical development plans
- Oversee the physical testing and screening of players, including the Functional Movement Screen (FMS), anthropometric data, and fitness testing programmes
- Provide specialist S&C input as required to support injury risk reduction, injury management, rehab and return to performance
- Coordinate the delivery of other physical preparation services (e.g. nutrition, physiology, sleep, wellbeing, health)
- Foster strong partnerships with external organisations (e.g. UWE and local gym providers)
- Ensure all administrative tasks associated with this role are up to date and maintained
The Lead Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach should:
- Have a minimum of a degree in the field of Sports Science and/or Strength & Conditioning
- Have recent and relevant experience working within a sports performance environment
- Have recent and relevant experience of working with children and athletes under 18
- Have experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring of programmes for junior athletes
- Have excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Be personable and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Be willing to engage in and undertake Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 11thSeptember 2017.Those selected for an interview will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date.
Any successful applicant will be subjected to a full screening process and DBS check prior to commencement in the role.
For job description can be found HERE.