An exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience and development working within professional football, the successful candidate will assist in day to day operations and set-up, with key responsibilities in work-load management using both Benchmark54 and Catapult OpenField GPS software.
The selected candidate will also support the sports medicine team with player injury prevention and recovery strategies, rehabilitation and performance training and testing when required.
The successful candidate will possess a degree level qualification in sports science/ strength and conditioning/physiotherapy/sports therapy or related degree course, this will help shape the experience opportunities within the sports medicine team, over and above the core responsibilities previously mentioned.
This is a dynamic opportunity where the role may develop and change over time, depending upon the needs of the club and the professional specialty and capabilities of the post holder. The successful candidate will be supervised and mentored by the Head of Medical Services, an MSc tutor and Gold Accredited Member of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sport and Exercise Medicine. There will be substantial opportunity to gain a multitude of experiences appropriate to whichever professional development pathway is relevant to the successful candidate.
- Assist in training day and match day preparation
- Daily collecting and recording of wellness information
- Hydration testing
- Use GPS and HR analysis to produce training and match reports
- Gather data on players weekly workload in order to help guide training load and intensity
- Assist with field based warm-ups/cool-downs
- Assist with performance testing
- Assist with injury prevention screening protocols
- Assist with Gym based strength and conditioning sessions
- Assist with Injury prevention and rehabilitation sessions
- Assist with Field and gym based conditioning sessions
- Hands on treatment – if appropriate to the candidate’s profession
- This part-time role will require flexible working hours, expected within professional sport, which can include evening and weekends.
- This role will end at the resolution of the EFL 2016/17 Season
- Sports Science/strength and conditioning/physiotherapy/sports therapy related degree
- Preferable experience working with GPS analysis
- Preferable experience working within professional sport
- Highly motivated
- Professional when working with athletes
- Good team work
- Prepared to go above and beyond (always looking for next opportunities)
- Good with MS Excel/Powerpoint/Word
- Good communicator
- Ability to work weekends
- Ability to travel
Closing Date is Friday 23rd September at 5pm
Interviews to be held the following week.