Fans4Life aims to improve the health and well-being of physically inactive fans at risk of poor health through a free 10 week health education and exercise programme based at the Memorial Stadium.
Participants attend sessions on one evening a week. These involve two 45 minute sessions run concurrently focusing on health and well-being and exercise activities.
Participants are also encouraged to include independent exercises throughout the week. All sessions are led by qualified health professionals (dieticians, exercise physiologists, exercise and health psychologists, nurses and General Practitioners, exercise leaders and Bristol Rovers staff.
The Fans4Life programme has been designed around health topics chosen by fans.
Week and Focus of activities:
- Week 1- Health Check and Introduction Baseline physiological and health/well-being measures taken.
- Week 2- Physical Activity Introduction to how exercise has an impact on the body, frequency, intensity, etc.
- Week 3- Healthy Eating Introduction of the Eatwell Plate and portion sizes
- Week 4- Fats, Sugars, and Food Labels Gain a greater understanding of what various food contains and how to read a food label.
- Week 5- Healthy Snacks and Meals - A hands-on opportunity to prepare and sample various healthy recipes
- Week 6- Alcohol Learning the caloric content of alcohol and its health impact on the body
- Week 7- Heart Health Covering the importance of diet and physical activity on heart health, and signs of CVD and stroke
- Week 8- GP Session Allows participants the opportunity to discuss with the GP various health issues and if need be referred to additional services
- Week 9- Mental Health, Stress, and Well-Being Open discussion about mental health and stress issues, how to identify and address, and options for referral
- Week 10- Health Check and Conclusion Physiological
If you are interested in joining our next group that starts in July please visit www.fans4life.com to sign up