Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


7 January 2014

The Reds are confident the game will go ahead

Crawley Town remain confident that Wednesday's FA Cup second round replay will go ahead as scheduled. 

Their groundsman Matt Moss and his staff are using extra equipment to get the playing surface in the best possible condition and the pitch was verti-drained again on Tuesday.

Chief Executive Michael Dunford said: "At the moment we are confident that the game will go ahead on Wednesday night.

"There are no guarantees of course because of the weather but the forecasts for Wednesday indicate it will be dry and if that is the case we don't envisage any problems.

"We are verti-draining the pitch again today and Matt and his team are pretty confident everything will be fine.

"We will have another look at things on Wednesday morning because there is rain due tonight but as it stands we think the game will be on."

Kick off is 7.45pm and admission to the cup tie is just £5 (adults) and £3 (concessions). 

We will keep you updated if anything changes.

Advertisement block