Job opportunity in the Academy
The academy at Bristol Rovers are looking to recruit a part time academy physiotherapist.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving and successful department within Bristol Rovers Football Club. The successful candidate will live within at least 90 minutes of Bristol and be able to fulfill the summary of details listed below.
• To help implement and monitor Medical Programmes
• Support the delivery of Pro football Support and the Physical development programmes in the Academy.
• Be a member of the Academy Medical team and attend all relevant departmental meetings
• Provide access to appropriate physiotherapy support for all registered Academy players.
• Ensure appropriate physiotherapy support including the provision of well-stocked medical bags, is available for all Academy activities.
• Maintain accurate and up to date medical and sport science records for all registered Academy players.
• Liaise with players, parents and staff in order to provide appropriate feedback on treatment of injuries.
• Help provide a medical examination to Under 12+ Academy players upon entry into the programme ensuring full liaison with Head of Medical and Academy Doctor on such matters.
• Ensure that a qualified medical person is present at all Academy training and games.
• Act as Physiotherapist for the Under 18 team and schoolboy matches when required
• To work closely with Head of Medical to ensure continuity within the under 9-18 ages.
• Liaise appropriately with Head of Medical and Academy Manager and other staff with regard to the above listed responsibilities.
• Work closely with Sport Scientists/Strength and Conditioning Coaches to ensure best methods of Academy player development are achieved
• Other appropriate duties as required by Academy Management
• Attend regular departmental meetings and interdepartmental meetings deemed appropriate by the Academy manager and head of medical
A degree in Sports Therapy or a related subject is essential, with experience preferable but not essential.
How to apply
Successful applicants will be invited to interview