Role available at the club
Bristol Rovers are currently advertising for a new U18s team manager.
• Responsible for the delivery of the Academy’s Coaching Programme, with specific responsibility for the professional phase group.
Summary of Duties
• To lead the coaching in the professional phase
• The design, implementation and management of the Academy’s Coaching Programme in conjunction with the Academy Manager
• Guide the development of the Club’s Football Philosophy in conjunction with the Academy Management Team
• Monitor and evaluate the coaching process through each phase
• To attend Academy Management and Technical Board Meetings
• To be responsible for each professional phase players performance clock and maintenance
• Assist with conducting staff appraisals relating to coaching philosophy and implementation
• Attend at least five hours of in-service training to be provided by the Football Association each year; and
• Attend at least once every three years the first aid training for Academy coaches provided by the Football Association.
• In addition to the in-service training the Head of Academy Coaching must undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the club
• To provide all necessary assistance to the League in connection with its on-going monitoring and annual evaluations of the Academy and to the ISO in connection with the ISO Audits
• To ensure that all standards of Dress / Conduct / Coaching Standards / Equipment / Management are appropriate for the requirements of the Academy programme.
• To attend seminars / conferences organised by the F.A. / Football League / LFE.
• To be an effective and contributory leader of the Youth Department.
• To advise, along with other members of the team on issues of player retention / de- registration / signing / progression.
• To assist and advise in carrying out the Clubs Health and Safety policy as it affects the Academy.
• To assist and advise on ‘Good practice’ across the Club in relation to Youth Programmes and publish same as appropriate.
• To contribute to the collective responsibility for effective and efficient record keeping.
• To report regularly to the Academy Manager on overall progress and development within the Academy and to represent collective views in respect of future developments and directions.
• To carry out any other activity as deemed appropriate and necessary in order to carry out the requirements of the position.
• Other appropriate duties as required by the Board of Directors
• Hold at least an up to date UEFA A Licence, and when the qualifications are available; the FA Youth Award, and an FA Advanced Youth Award
• Have recent and relevant experience of coaching Academy Players at U18 level
• Academy Managers Licence
• A1 / A2 or V1 / V2 Assessor
• Higher Education qualification
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Bristol Rovers Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation,
Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers. The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
All applications must be made to Club Secretary Rod Wesson either via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post; Rod Wesson, The Memorial Stadium, Filton Avenue, Horfield, Bristol, BS7 0BF. Closing date for applications is Tuesday August 7th.