Staement issued by Wycombe after today's abandoned match
Please note that the following statement has been issued on the Wycombe Wanderers website following the abandonment of this afternoon's match at Adams Park.
We will do everything we can to clarify any questions supporters may have regarding refunds, but bearing in mind that it's a Bank Holiday weekend, we may not be able to glean any further information until Tuesday morning.
Wycombe's npower League 2 fixture against Bristol Rovers on Saturday was abandoned after 65 minutes on health and safety grounds
Flooding in and around the Adams Park stadium and a bolt of lightning which struck the Dreams Stand - where the Bristol Rovers fans were housed – left no other option but to cancel proceedings.
The proximity of electric pylons behind the stand were also a factor in the safety officer’s decision.
The club’s policy on ticketing arrangements is as follows:
- Supporters with a ticket stub can obtain EITHER a full refund or a ticket for the rearranged fixture by calling 01494 441118 and quoting the order number at the bottom of their ticket
- Supporters without a ticket stub were issued with a voucher including a unique code which they can quote when calling the ticket office to obtain a full refund or a ticket for the rearranged fixture
- Those supporters who left their contact details will be called on Tuesday
- As per the club charter, those supporters who didn’t retain any part of their ticket or leave their details, are not entitled to a refund or a ticket for the rearranged fixture
- No cash refunds were issued