All the pre-match info ahead of our Sky Bet League Two clash against Swindon Town this weekend.
Rovers travel to the County Ground to take on former Rovers boss, Ben Garner's Swindon Town this Saturday at the earlier kick-off time of 1pm. Swindon defeated Rovers in the reverse fixture at the Mem by three goals to one and this weekend's meeting is a chance for the Gas to make it three wins in a row in the league.
The game on Saturday is set to surpass the 10,000 threshold. This now means that supporters are LEGALLY required to comply with the Government's 'Plan B Protocols' in order to gain entry into the County Ground on Saturday lunchtime.
Supporters over the age of 11 will not be permitted entry unless they present one of the following:
A Proof of vaccination
- Show a COVID Pass on the NHS App to show they have received both doses of vaccine vaccinated at least 14 days before the match. For ease of access, the COVID Pass should be downloaded into your mobile phone's wallet.
- Supporters without a smartphone can request a COVID Pass letter from the NHS. Click here for more details.
(We recommend that you also bring a paper copy of the COVID Pass and NHS emails or texts with you in case of phone or network failure.)
b. Lateral Flow Tests
- The results of lateral flow tests taken no earlier than 48 hours before kick-off should be registered on the NHS App. Click here for more information on how to record the result of your lateral flow test.
- The NHS will send either an email or text indicating the results of the test which should be shown at the point of entry to the stadium.
- The physical test itself will not be accepted as proof.
- There will be no on-site testing facilities at the stadium.
c. Medical exemptions
- Provide evidence of an official medical exemption on the NHS Pass. More information on medical exemptions can be found HERE.
Ben Garner's Swindon Town head into the game against the Gas off the back of a 1-3 away win against another former Rovers boss Darrell Clarke's Port Vale. Prior to that last victory, Swindon had lost two games in a row, albeit one of those losses was at the hands of Premier League leaders, Manchester City in the Emirates FA Cup. Their previous loss in the Sky Bet League Two was against Mansfield Town which ended 3-2 to the home side.
Swindon Town's top goalscorer this season is Harry McKirdy who has a return of 10 goals and four assists in his 16 games in the Sky Bet League Two so far this campaign. Jack Payne is second in the goalscoring charts for The Robins this season having scored eight goals in 21 league games.
Away Day Pubs
For Bristol Rovers fans, Bar 71, Swindon Town's own Away Fans Bar, will be open from 10:30am for our fans making the short trip from BS7 on Saturday.
There are two designated pubs where Gasheads can gather prior to the match on Saturday. Please note, these pubs are for AWAY FANS ONLY:
- The Great Western Hotel on Station Road (opposite Train Station), opening at 08:00am with food, alcohol being served from 10:00am.
- Cheekies on Fleet Street, opening from 10:00am
Please note, both The Savoy and the Sir Daniel's Arms will NOT be allowing away fans this Saturday.
Tom Nield is the man in the middle for Saturday's encounter. This season, Nield has officiated seven games in the Sky Bet League Two. On average, Nield gives out 22.14 fouls per game in the league this season. Nield also averages 4.43 yellow cards per 90 minutes this season.
EFL sponsors, Sky Bet have priced Rovers at 5/2 for the win on Saturday lunchtime. Rovers can also be backed at 10/2 to win the game 1-2. On the goal-scorer markets, Aaron Collins is priced at 15/2 to open the scoring on Saturday. Luke Thomas can be backed at 14/5 to score at any time in the match.
To bet with Sky Bet please click HERE. Please bet responsibly.
How to Follow
Supporters based in the UK can purchase an audio match pass for £2.50. To find out more about iFollow, please click HERE.