Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy tickets
21 November 2018 Venue Memorial Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Rovers v Barnet

20 November 2018

Rovers host Barnet on Wednesday evening in an FA Cup first-round replay - with the winners of the tie progressing to face Stockport County in the next stage of the competition.

When the sides met in North London, ten-man Rovers battled well and were scuppered by the combination of the upright and crossbar on no less than three occasions inside the final ten minutes.

Barnet head to the Mem on the back of a win at Hartlepool on the weekend, winning 3-1 at Victoria Park which leaves them 11th in the National League.

Rovers, on the other hand, go into the replay off the back of a defeat after falling to a 2-1 defeat at the Mem to Scunthorpe United, despite having 16 shots to the visitors six and also missing a second-half penalty.

If Wednesday's game ends in a draw - the tie will be decided by extra time and then penalties if required.

Darrell's View: The Gaffer stated his desire to progress to the second round of the competition, in his routine pre-match presser.

Players View: Kyle Bennett played an important role off the bench in the game at The Hive and was also on media duty alongside his Manager ahead of Wednesday night.

Opposition: On Sunday, Barnet returned from the long trip north to Hartlepool with three points. John Still's men had to recover from conceding the first goal, but a quickfire brace from Manny Duku edge the Bees ahead before Josh Walker converted in injury time to secure the points. The win saw Barnet climb to 11th in the National League standings.

Last Time We Met: The 1-1 draw at The Hive ten days prior to the replay provided an entertaining cup tie - as Rovers edged the better of the chances. Barnet's last trip to BS7 ended in a 3-1 defeat back in the 2015/16 campaign - Jermaine Easter and Lee Brown amongst the goalscorers that day.

Tickets: Only certain sections of the ground will be open on Tuesday - with tickets available on the night. For full ticket details please click on the link below.

iFollow: Full match commentary of Rovers game with Barnet can be heard through iFollow Gas. Supporters can access our LIVE match coverage by clicking HERE. Overseas supporters should note that there will be no live stream of the game available, due to broadcast regulations regarding the Emirates FA Cup. Keep up to date with the game on our social media channels.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Rovers 1 - 2 Barnet

21 November 2018

Rovers were dumped out of the FA Cup by Barnet on Wednesday night, despite taking the lead in the 61st minute through Tom Nichols' drought-ending goal.

As the case so often at the Mem this season, the game was level at the break despite numerous "almosts" for Rovers; the most prominent coming in the 10th minute when Kyle Bennett hit the post.

Just past the hour mark the intense pressure paid dividends when Nichols helped home Bennett's low drive to get back amongst the goals after a long period without - perhaps the only positive to take from a bleak night.

Barnet spoiled the party and turned the replay around with a quickfire double from Craig Robson and Byron Harrison to send Rovers crashing out of the competition.

Going into the game, Darrell Clarke made five changes to the side that hosted Scunthorpe United at the Mem last weekend.

Loanees Jack Bonham and Joe Martin are ineligible to play in this competition for Rovers, therefore in came Adam Smith and Michael Kelly.

Joe Partington also returned to the defence, with Ed Upson featuring in midfield whilst Alex Rodman made his first start since the 1-0 loss at Burton Albion in October.

It was the 31-year old winger who was heavily involved in the early stages, seemingly keen to impress following a stop-start opening to his Gas career, notably a driving run, just inside Barnet's half, past a handful of orange shirts and all the way to the edge of the area but the shot that followed was slightly skewed.

10 minutes had passed and it was also Rovers to this point; Liam Sercombe looked to build on his first of the season against Scunthorpe as he drove a well-hit shot from a similar position but was foiled by a strong block.

The hosts were knocking and on 11 minutes,  Bennett rattled the same post he had done just four days ago with a lovely flowing move culminating in a cute cut back by Nichols to Bennett who leathered the ball goalwards but saw it bounce back out off the upright.

Nichols again provided an ideal lay off for a teammate, this time it was Ollie Clarke but the evening's skipper sliced his shot with Rodman forcing a decent stop from Mark Cousins on the rebound.

The striker was amongst the action again just before the half-hour mark, as he followed up O.Clarke's deflected shot and had the goal at his mercy but he was hauled to the ground by the scrambling keeper - the referee took a long pause but decided against awarding a penalty much to the perplexment and frustration to Nichols and co.

A slight lull followed from Rovers' perspective as they surrendered a portion of possession to the visitors for a brief spell, but looked to finish the half strongly with Sercombe once more issuing a warning with a testing long-range strike that forced Cousins into a smart stop down to his left.

Barnet came out brightly and the referee had some more officiating to do in the box Nichols had gone down in as Josh Walker raced into the box and went to ground with Tony Craig nearest, who was clearly unimpressed with the winger's ease of fall as the referee waved it away.

Rovers first notable chance of the half came not soon after that incident with Bennett clipping a lovely ball to the back post that Rodman rose to meet, but he could only send his header wide.

Just before the hour mark, D.Clarke made his first change, a double switch with Daniel Leadbitter and Stefan Payne replacing Partington and O.Clarke.

The breakthrough soon followed the substitutions and it meant so much more than Rovers just taking a step towards the second round.

Bennett drifted in the box from the right flank, twisting and turning as he looked for an angle before firing the ball towards the back post, only for the long-awaited moment to follow, as Nichols cushioned the ball into the back of the net to end his prolonged goal drought - a wonderful moment followed as the striker was mobbed by his teammates and congratulated with solidarity from the Mem home end.

The Bees responded well to going a goal down and put Rovers on the back foot, with Walker picking up a rebound with Smith on the deck but the stopper still got a strong hand to the ball leaving James Clarke able to clear off the line.

However the visitors did find a way through minutes later to bring the game back level, with Dan Sweeney finding  Robson in space inside the box, who lifted the ball calmly over Smith before it bounced inside the six-yard box and into the roof the net.

Within moments of the equaliser the game was turned completely on its head as Barnet came from behind to lead, with substitute Dan Sparkes firing a cross/shot across goal that the poised Harrison was all too happy to tap into an empty net right in front of the travelling fans.

After the goal, D.Clarke made his final change, with Tom Lockyer coming off the bench to replace Kelly.

The predictable ensued as Rovers went all out for a second goal of their own, more or less camped in Barnet's half with Leadbitter whipping in a series of crosses from the right, but credit to the North London side, they defended resiliently, armed with the entirety of their outfield options behind the ball.

With six minutes of additional time offered to Rovers to source a way back into the game and as it so often does that one big chance did come as the ball pinballed in the area and dropped to Leadbitter, his strike was good but the sheer number of orange shirts meant it couldn't find its way to goal as the Bees secured their place in the next round.

Rovers XI: Adam Smith (GK), Joe Partington (Daniel Leadbitter, 59'), James Clarke, Tony Craig, Michael Kelly (Tom Lockyer, 79'), Ollie Clarke (c) (Stefan Payne, 59'), Liam Sercombe, Ed Upson, Alex Rodman, Kyle Bennett, Tom Nichols.

Unused subs: Alexis Andre-Jr, Rollin Menayese, Chris Lines, Sam Matthews.

Barnet XI: Mark Cousins (GK), Cheye Alexander, Elliott Johnson, Callum Reynolds, Craig Robson, Charlee Adams, Jack Taylor, Wesley Fonguck (Dan Sparkes, 73'), Dan Sweeney, Immanuelson Duku (Josh Walker, 35'), Mohamed Bettamer (Byron Harrison, 67').

Unused subs: Simeon Akin (GK), Shaq Coulthirst, Medy Elito, Ephron Mason-Clark.

Attendance: 2,740 (96 away).


Advertisement block

Ticket News

Emirates FA Cup Ticket Details: Barnet

19 November 2018

Rovers host Barnet at the Mem this Wednesday in an Emirates FA Cup first-round replay.

Only certain sections of the ground will be open for Wednesday's tie - with purchasing tickets online being the easiest option to secure your tickets.

You can also purchase tickets at the Mem from our Superstore - which is open 9am-5pm throughout the week.

If you do end up buying tickets on the day, we'd like to remind you to do this at the Ticket Office situated outside the ground between the North Terrace and West Stand.

We also advise getting to the ground early to avoid queueing for your ticket and would like to point out that we cannot accept cash on the turnstiles.

Ticket prices for next Wednesday's replay are listed below.

West Stand 

Adult £15
Concessions £7

South West Stand, North West Terrace, Thatchers & West Terraces 

Adult £10
Concessions £5

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account